Universal Pre-K (UPK) is a new program Colorado has introduced to help families financially with preschool and child care needs. Below you will find information regarding the program and eligibility requirements.
Who can take advantage of this program?
Why should my family participate?
This program provides a tuition credit, reducing your cost of child care for families
as quality standards are being developed UPK Providers will use an evidenced based curriculum, and work with quality navigators to implement preschool education for children
Preschool is designed to help students be academically and emotionally prepared for future learning whether it be in a classroom, or home based setting.
How do I get started?
start at https://upk.colorado.gov/ to apply
If you need assistance, please call:
or email Lcoresource@eccslv.org
- Families can Apply at any time during the year
- UPK funding can be used in addition to other funding streams such as CCAP
- families are encouraged to talk with their providers about schedules, and specific funding questions
- matches are occurring on a consistent basis and families will be notified directly through their preferred contact method about matches and given following instructions
- Families of eligible 3 year-olds should apply to their home school district